HBE: FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The High Beta® Engineered flow conditioner is a proprietary-designed flow-conditioning device that is designed to minimize pressure loss while straightening flow in combustion air flow ducts with relatively few or almost no straight duct runs upstream and/or downstream. Eliminating cyclonic, turbulent, and reverse flow at the point of measurement, the High Beta® optimizes flow conditions so that the accompanying VAP3® Pitots can obtain their maximum accuracy.
Below are just a few of the many features and benefits of installing a High Beta Engineered flow element within your process. If you have an application that you would like to discuss, please Contact Us today.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- DUCT SECTION: For Round and Square/Rectangular Ducts of any size.
- ACCURACY: Accuracy to within ±0.5% and repeatability to within ±0.1%. Testing certification in an AMCA rated test chamber is available.
- BASIC INSTALLATION: Includes a flanged duct section for easy installation, while the contained pitot array is internally manifolded and connected via through-wall fittings.
- PRIMARY FLOW ELEMENTS: Available with either VAP3®/SA Pitots for clean air flow applications or with VAP3®/PA Pitots for particulate-laden applications.
- INTEGRAL STRAIGHTENING VANES: Contains integral flow straightening vanes that eliminate cyclonic, turbulent and reverse flow at the point of measurement.
- MATERIAL OF CONSTRUCTION: 304 SS construction. VAP is manufactured of extruded 6063 series aluminum with a final process Teflon hard-anodized coating, ensuring a surface hardness of Rockwell 65C.
- MINIMAL PRESSURE LOSS: Yields a minimal pressure drop of 33% of the differential pressure.
- NO MAINTENANCE: There are no active electronic components or moving parts that are installed within the air stream, thus eliminating maintenance costs and ensuring reliability and ease-of-use.
- VELOCITY AVERAGING PITOTS: VAP3® Pitot arrays provide multiple DP sensing ports along multiple sensing probes in order to offer full coverage, or full traversal, of any duct.