HBP: FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The HBP - High Beta® Process Flow Conditioner is ideally designed for industrial process applications where the expansive straight duct runs needed for accurate flow measurement are not present. Perfect for new or for retrofit applications, the HBP is designed for installations with relatively no straight duct runs upstream or downstream and eliminates cyclonic , turbulent and reverse flow at the point of measurement. The HBP consists of a flanged duct section that can be inserted in to round ducts. An array of VAP3® pitots is housed within the HBP, allowing for an accurate differential pressure output that provides precise air flow measurement for tighter control of your process.
Below are just a few of the many applications for the High Beta. If you have an application that you would like to discuss, please Contact Us today.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- DUCT SECTION: 24" .707 SS High Beta duct section, available in diameters up to 36".
- ACCURACY: Accuracy to within ±0.5% and repeatability to within ±0.1%. Testing certification in an AMCA rated test chamber is available.
- BASIC INSTALLATION: Includes a flanged duct section for easy installation, while the contained pitot array is internally manifolded and connected via through-wall fittings.
- PRIMARY FLOW ELEMENTS: Available with either VAP3®/SA Pitots for clean air flow applications or with VAP3®/PA Pitots for particulate-laden applications.
- INTEGRAL STRAIGHTENING VANES: Contains integral flow straightening vanes that eliminate cyclonic, turbulent and reverse flow at the point of measurement.
- MATERIAL OF CONSTRUCTION: 304 SS construction. VAP3® is manufactured of extruded 6063 series aluminum with a final process Teflon hard-anodized coating, ensuring a surface hardness of Rockwell 65C.
- MINIMAL PRESSURE LOSS: Yields a minimal pressure drop of 33% of the differential pressure.
- NO MAINTENANCE: There are no active electronic components or moving parts that are installed within the air stream, thus eliminating maintenance costs and ensuring reliability and ease-of-use.
- VELOCITY AVERAGING PITOTS: VAP3® Pitot arrays provide multiple DP sensing ports along multiple sensing probes in order to offer full coverage, or full traversal, of any duct.